This is the early edition of Links We LIke for those traveling for the long weekend! Please feel free to add your suggestions via comments to expand our weekend reading list.
- 93% of bank branches closed in recent years were in neighborhoods where income is less than the national median
- Seeing like at State in Africa: Data needed by Justin Sandefur is a thoughtful response to @cblatts @BillGates
- Facebook Likes Might be Hurting How Much People Give to Charity from Smithsonian Magazine
- The debate about lotteries and the poor has been reignited
- NPR on the hurdles of buying health insurance without a bank account in the U.S.
- Inside the offbeat economics department that debunked Reinhart-Rogoff
- "How the Poor Manage their Finances: A Study of the Portfolio Choices of Poor Households in Ernakulam District, Kerala"