This edition features everything from posts about where the next microfinance crisis will likely strike to new articles from Jeff Sachs and Bill Easterly and much more.
- Cory Doctorow interviews Financial Times columnist Tim Harford about his new book Adapt
- David Roodman analyses data to pinpoint the next microfinance crisis, for the June edition of Beyond Profits
- Karuna Krishnaswamy examines “Microfinance in India: What caused the mass defaults in Karnataka and what can we learn from it?” for CGAP
- Interesting piece on customized mobile apps to connect the ultra-poor to funding opportunities
- New article from Karlan and Appel: “You Can't Always Get What You Want” for Foreign Policy
- From JPAL: Charging small fees dramatically reduces access to important products for the poor
- FAI’s Barbara Kiviat makes a call for better language: what does microfinance really mean?
- Contrary to Bill Easterly's thesis on economic growth under autocrats, Jeff Sachs looks to “Nigeria's Historic Opportunity" for development under a less autocratic ruler
- Microfinance Focus on microfinance for water and sanitation: lofty dream or wave of the future?