Articles and blogs that we found interesting this week include:
- Interesting piece of behavioral psychology re: The Emotions of Aid [and our choice to ignore massive suffering].
- Ignacio Mas and Promoting Formal Financial Savings –another cautionary note on savings and an interesting companion Tim Ogden’s “Is Savings Over-hyped” recent post on FAI.
- Unhappy news about one of India's great microfinance innovators, which is on the verge of closure.
- The Poverty Matters Blog on linguistic shifts from the use of “aid” to “development co-operation” –and what it means.
- Four obvious but wrong assumptions about technology use in the developing world.
- McKinsey Quarterly new report: Mobile India could lead the world.
- CGAP presents a roadmap to India's microfinance bill.