Today researchers and national experts will share early findings from the U.S. Financial Diaries (USFD) project, which tracked every dollar earned, spent, borrowed, saved, and shared by 235 low- and moderate-income households in five states over the course of a year—thus providing a powerful picture of how millions of Americans work to make ends meet. At the event, you will have first access to USFD findings, which highlight:
- The surprising amount of volatility in incomes from month to month
- The hidden systems that families use to cope with unexpected expenses and fluctuating incomes
- How households use traditional and alternative financial services and strategies
- The intersection of finance with health, transportation, housing, and benefits
- A panel of financial, poverty, and community development experts will discuss the implications of the research for innovations in policy, products, services, and regulation to help working American families.
Watch the event live online below UStream from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM EST and follow the conversation on Twitter with #USFinDiaries.